Toasted and Spiced Coconut Quinoa Porridge
This is one of my favorite easy breakfasts. I can make a batch and eat it for days. It has a slight sweetness with a hearty texture, and the warming spices feel comforting to me.
One of the other things that I love about this porridge is how it melds with every fresh fruit, nut, and topping I have tried with it! It is like a tasty little pallet waiting to be painted!
Toasted and spiced coconut quinoa porridge.
• 1 cup uncooked quinoa
• 2/3 cup coconut milk
• 1 1/2 cup water
• 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, brown sugar, maple, or honey ( your choice of sweetener
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
• Sliced fruit of your choice berries, banana, pear, citrus
• Chopped nuts of your choice (I like toasted) almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, cashews
• Milk of your choice for serving, coconut, almond, cashew, or cow's
Toast the quinoa in the bottom of your dry pan for 1-2 minutes, over low heat, tossing occasionally.
Add coconut milk, water, sugar, vanilla, salt and spices to saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Turn heat off and let sit for 5 minutes.
Spoon into serving bowls and top with nuts, fruit and milk of choice.
I hope you enjoy!